Monday, November 2, 2009

little doggie


My history with Chihuahua's date back to when I was a toddler. My grandparents had a (somewhat larger than usual) chihuahua named Gwendolyn. Affectionally called Gwen or Gwenny also. Here is a picture of me and Gwenny sharing a footstool. Yes, that is a purse on my head. I was always doing something to bring a chuckle to my doting grandparents. A little comedian I was!
Gwendolyn and I had a bit of a rocky relationship in the beginning. She didn't much appreciate me sitting in her dog bed looking at a picture book when I was a few months old. I think she thought that because of my small size, that we were in competition for my grandparents attention. Even with the odd curled upper lip she gave me, she was a cute dog and the first dog in a long line of dogs who won my heart over the years.



"Girl with Chihuahua" is up for grabs on ebay.

8 comments:

MiKa Art said...

LOL! This is such a funny and sweet photo!!

Artistic Accents by Darla said...

Cute! When I first looked at the pic, Gwen appeared to be further away and on the floor and I thought 'somewhat larger' was an understatement LOL! then I realized she was right by your side and it made more sense.
I love dogs too! The world is a better place because of them♥

elsiee said...

So adorable!! Tasha here's the little "surprise" I'd promised a couple of posts back -
http://namaste-elsiee.blogspot.com/

oldblackcatboo said...

Love the painting (as always!)
If you have time, check out my chihuahua "Twinkle" on my blog!!!
I have several photos of her with her best friend, my Great Dane mix!
They are so cute together!

Miss Meliss said...

What a super cute painting!

~magick~
Melissa

suze said...

Love the new painting and the new purple background.

Giovanna ♥ said...

So sweet! Your photo is the cutest thing I've seen lately!
Love the painting as well!
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

How cute!!