Friday, September 24, 2010

Click click click goes the typewriter



When I was a little girl my mom had the most beautiful typewriter. It is was a turquoisey-blue color. Just like the one here on flickr. I had fun typing little stories using both the black and red ink. Winding the ribbon and getting ink on my fingers.

In high school I took two years of "typing"...and it was on both manual and electric typewriters. It makes me feel SO OLD to think that they still had MANUAL typewriters when I was in high school! Of course all this learning to type was intended for use on typewriters,. Boy did I luck out that I can use those skills I learned on that old dinosaur for my computer now! I can type like the wind thanks to all those "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" exercises.

My little typing girl is currently up for grabs on ebay.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful work!!!

nollyposh said...

Oh i so love your little stories X:-)

Tammy said...

How adorable! I had a second hand typewriter just like that when I was in my 20s that I named "Smithers."

Liv @ Choosing Beauty said...

Me too! I rocked at "keyboarding" class on old computers - two years worth, was that really necessary!? But I am a very good typer. :)

Anonymous said...

Personally I always had a typewriter but I sure don't miss those knuckle busting things and putting paper in all the time, lol.

Eveline said...

Oh how I hated my typing class my parents made me and my sister take.
We had one electric typewriter and one manual one and we had to swap every week. I was 15 and we learned how to type up official looking letter, and I had to remember how wide the border had to be, and where the return address had to be and all those annoying little rules..
But like you, I can now type without looking at the screen, and my quick brown fox can jump over twenty lazy dogs at a time.