Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mail Me Art Project



A little while ago I took part in the "Mail Me Art Project".
It's a cool project where artists mail in an envelope that IS the art. The art is on the outside! I always have loved to dress up letters and packages. Although, when I send out my artwork to buyers I usually forgo the artistry on the packaging because I don't want anything to slow down the packages arrival through the post office :) I leave all the fun stuff for the inside in those packages.

I decided I'd make my envelope a painting of Little Red Riding Hood with Mr. Wolf. They are holding up a sign with the mailing address on it :) I thought it was pretty cool when they chose my art to use in a blog post about the event. You can see it HERE.

Everyone's envelope art is going to be shown in an art show in London England. You can keep up with the festivities on their facebook page.

I have my fingers crossed that they will add mine to the MAIL ME ART BOOK. I will keep you posted if they do!

HUGS TO ALL!

19 comments:

Lauren said...

That is so cool! Your envelope is adorable, I love it! :)

Bonafyde said...

Tascha your mailing is just so darling and oh so detailed, just gorgeous!

Elis said...

Suuuper cool!
I love your work! I'm following you from Brazil...
Congratulations!
I did't know about this project... who knows I'll send my mail next time?
:o)

Euphoria said...

I like the idea and I like the picture you´ve posted. My cat looks like your, come visit my blog! www.kiramamontova.blogspot.com
and look at the end of the page.
I love to decorate envelopes too!

Polyrhythm said...

Ooooh, what a cute idea! At the most I use a couple of stickers on special-occasion cards, but that's really it - I should really get more creative :P

aliceinparis said...

Congrats! What a fun idea. Wouldn't you LOVE to see all the entries:)I am sure you will make it into the book, your envelope is terrific:)

andrea creates said...

Wow-so cute, love it!!
I always wondered if dressed up envelopes make it through the post o.k...

Giovanna said...

This a great idea!! Your envelope is so beautiful :)
xoxo
Giovanna
www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

LuLu Mypinkturtle said...

Bonjour Tascha!

Has spring arrived for good in your part of the country? It was here for a while, we really believed it, then it went away ... The Mail Me Art Project is wonderful! So is your little painted packet! Take care, LuLu xx

Anonymous said...

So cute! I'm sure they'll add you to the art book :)

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Oh if only all mail could look so precious!

MiKa Art said...

Wow, this is so cool! I love snail mails - and this is really special mail!!

Deb Harvey said...

What a great idea! I love your piece and I'm sure it will be included!

My husband's a postmaster and he mentioned, once, that he's noticed some great art going through the mail on envelopes. How fun!
Deb

Dean Grey said...

Tascha!

I LOVE Mail Art!!

I've sent out my own decorated envelopes and received several pieces so far from other artists (I mention it under the "Mail Art" label on my blog).

Glad yours arrived in one piece and didn't get lost!

-Dean

Poppy Q said...

Your envelope is just devine.

Janine said...

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

nollyposh said...

How FABULOUS!!!!!! X:-)

Flor Larios Art said...

Hola Tascha,
Super cool project! Love it!
Abrazos,
Flor

julie said...

Very cool...